Until 31 March 2020, we are offering discounted annual admission to all residents of Cornwall – just £7.50 per adult and £5 per child – enabling people from the local community to make repeat visits throughout the year for free.
Here are our top 12 reasons why you should get your Wheal Martyn Cornwall Residents’ Pass:
1. Pay once and visit as many times as you like over the next 12 months, what a bargain! Year round fun for all the family.
2. 2020 marks 200 years of mining at Wheal Martyn! This is a milestone year, including the opening of new facilities and interpretation during the year – so, there will be all sorts of exciting new additions to come back and explore!
3. Exciting new exhibitions are planned in a brand new exhibition and education space, including renowned artist Kurt Jackson’s ‘Clay Country’ from 3 April to 5 July.
4. See modern mining at Pit View – you might spot giant machines and maybe even witness a blast.
5. We are on your doorstep; just minutes from the A30 in mid-Cornwall, we’re within easy reach and no more than 1.5 hours drive from anywhere in Cornwall.
6. A fantastic opportunity to re-connect with Cornwall’s china clay mining heritage, which has relevance to everyone, in ways you might not expect! You will also be able to find out about Cornish Mining World Heritage, with brand new interpretation being installed later this year.
7. Children under 5 go free!
8. We are dog friendly! There are some lovely woodland trails which are perfect for walks with your four legged friend. Enjoy them throughout the changing seasons and why not try out some of the adjoining Clay Trails too?
9. Supporting Wheal Martyn will ensure it is here for future generations to learn about their heritage.
10. Playground, flat rod tunnel, waterwheel…just some of the features to explore outside.
11. Watch our preservation and development projects evolve over time.
12. Make Wheal Martyn your own special place to make memories with your family.
Remember to bring along proof of address when visiting Wheal Martyn before the end of March to pick up your pass.
See you soon!