Due to the historic nature of the Wheal Martyn grounds, access to some parts of the site is limited. The interactive gallery, shop and café are fully accessible and every effort has been made to make as many areas of the wider site as accessible as possible.
Visitors with enquiries concerning accessibility issues are strongly encouraged to ring (01726 850362) before visiting to discuss their needs with our staff.
Visitors should note that:
- • The country park is set on a hillside.
- • There are uneven paths around the historic and nature trails.
- • There are sets of steps at various locations around the historic and nature trails.
- • The Pit viewing platform is a half mile walk up hill, with several flight of steps and uneven paths along the route.
- • Some areas of the site may be unavailable to the public at short notice; for example, when blasting is taking place at Wheal Martyn Pit, the viewing platform will be off limits for safety reasons.
Wheal Martyn Trust is committed to furthering accessibility as detailed in our Access Statement.